Our first priority remains the health and well-being of our clients, staff, and community. We are and will stay open for services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are taking new clients and scheduling new appointments, most of which are now conducted online or by phone (telehealth). You must, however, have an appointment in advance to visit our Health Services facilities. We are not accepting any walk-in visits at this time.
Please call (323-993-7500) or send a portal message (lalgbtcenter.org/myportal/login). to schedule an in-person visit.
- The vast majority of our routine primary care, HIV care, PREP and transgender care appointments have been converted to telehealth. This means you will meet with your provider by phone (video option coming soon) instead of in-person for your regular visit.
- If you haven’t signed up for a FollowMyHealth portal account yet, please visit lalgbtcenter.org/myportal.
- As always, if you think you are having a true life-threatening medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or go immediately to your nearest emergency room.
- McDonald/Wright Building (Schrader Boulevard): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by appointment only
- Pharmacy at McDonald/Wright Building (Schrader Boulevard): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Center WeHo (Santa Monica Boulevard): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by appointment only
- Trans Wellness Center: 10 a.m. to. 6 p.m. for window service only
- Center South: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for window service only
HIV/STI testing and treatment: Due to the Safer At Home order, the Center has made the difficult decision to postpone all routine, low-risk, asymptomatic testing at this time. If you have symptoms or think you may have been exposed to HIV or an STI, please call for an appointment.
Pharmacy Delivery: The Center Pharmacy will deliver your prescriptions to you at home or wherever you are staying. Delivery is free of charge anywhere in the state of California. Please call or send a portal message to arrange for delivery and allow 4 days between notification of a needed refill and delivery. Please do not leave multiple messages as this creates longer wait times for everyone.
Primary Care: The Center is open for all primary care needs. All routine visits are being performed via Telehealth. Many urgent issues can also be handled by telehealth. If in-person needs are identified during your Telehealth visit, that will be arranged.
HIV Care: The Center is open for all HIV-related needs. All routine visits are being performed via Telehealth. Many urgent issues can also be handled by telehealth. If in-person needs are identified during your Telehealth visit, that will be arranged.
Trans Health Program: The Center is open for all transition-related services. All routine visits are being performed via Telehealth. If in-person needs are identified during your Telehealth visit, that will be arranged. Note: most non-emergency surgeries have been postponed at this time to prepare for the coming surge in COVID-19 cases in California. We are communicating with our surgery and insurance partners and will assist with getting people back on the schedule when this crisis has passed.
Audre Lorde Health Program: The Center is open for all needs related to pelvic health, reproductive health and other ALHP-related issues. All routine visits are being performed via Telehealth. Many urgent issues can also be handled by telehealth. If in-person needs are identified during your Telehealth visit, that will be arranged.
Mental Health: The Center is open for all mental health needs. All visits are being performed via Telehealth. For clients currently on the wait list, we will be moving forward with new client placements as soon as we are fully set up with Telehealth. All regularly scheduled group meetings are up and running or will be soon. Meetings are held virtually. The Center is open for all psychiatry needs. All visits are being performed via Telehealth.
Addiction Recovery services: The Center is open for all Addiction Recovery Services; Intensive Outpatient Group, Evening Outpatient Group, After care Groups, MAT services and Harm Reduction Groups through Telehealth services. The direct Recovery Services number to contact is 323-993-7448. Please leave a voicemail and an outreach staff member will contact you.
STOP Violence services: The STOP Violence Program is open for all those who are experiencing intimate partner violence, family violence, and other crimes including sexual assault. Both routine visits, and those that are of a more urgent nature, are being performed via telehealth. Please contact us at (323) 860-5806 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If your situation requires more immediate assistance, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). If you are in a life-threatening situation, call 911 immediately.
Additional Health Services:
- Laboratory Services: The Center lab is open and seeing patients by appointment only. Please speak to your provider first, by phone or portal message, to arrange for lab testing. Note: we are not performing routine COVID testing at this time.
- Specialty Care Referrals: The Center’s Referrals Department is open and able to refer patients for specialty care, as determined by your medical provider. Availability of various specialists, testing, and procedures is limited and highly variable during this COVID-19 crisis. We will work with you and your medical provider individually to determine how best to meet your needs.
- Case management: The Center’s case management teams are standing by to help you with your wrap-around support needs, from housing, to food access, unemployment and other benefits. While resources are limited right now, we are still connecting people with needed services to the extent possible.
- Research Studies: Our research team will be in contact with you directly to discuss new protocols.
We have received numerous community requests for how they can help during this crisis. To that end, we’ve established a CARE Fund to ensure essential services and support are here for those who need them. Information can be found at lalgbtcenter.org/care